Thursday, August 16, 2007

welcome to my epicurean dungeon...

I already know what you're asking...what good is another blog in this endless sea of e-opinions? Allow me to introduce myself before I'm placed on trial.

I am a 20-something young male in the New York/Long Island area. I work two full-time jobs to support my passions. What are those passions, you may ask? I love food. I love wine. I love dining. To me, the restaurant itself is an incredibly poetic place for everything in life. Without food, there is no life, so isn't it natural for restaurants to hold this almost primal place in all our hearts?

Also, in the efforts of full disclosure, one of those two jobs is as a server in a restaurant. I think its safe to say that I know a thing or two about how restaurants are run and/or how they SHOULD be run.

Join me on my quest to find true restaurant zen in a sea of endless choices in this area. I'll post you some of my favorites (and unfortunately, my not so favorites) along the way. I love feedback from others, so please...bon appetit.

No comments: